Because we’ve reached the end of our examination of some of the destructive attitudes and debilitating habits that can prevent us from living fully a life that is peaceful, powerful and purposeful. We’ve dragged them out of the darkness, shone a light upon them and are now sweeping them out of our life. For good. The end.
Of course it’s not the end, is it? We can’t just wish these emotions and patterns away with a magic wand. We’re going to have to do battle with them for some time to come.
However, by being aware of them whenever they show up, we can start to alter our actions and reactions earlier, and more consistently.
So where do we go from here?
For the last few days of this month, we’ll be looking at some of the positive qualities that will make us shine as we live our resurrection life.
But today? Today it’s time to pause, to take a breath, to celebrate, to join in with creation’s song of joy.
Because we are alive, right here, right now. We are fearfully and wonderfully made, and, even though life gets hard, even brutal sometimes, still we journey on, steadfastly and constantly. And each step we take, especially during the times of hardship and pain, makes us stronger, more agile, more alert, more alive.
And with strength comes power!
So it’s time to celebrate and give thanks!
- It’s time to celebrate all those things that are already good and honest and true in our life – the love of our family and our friends; the opportunities to connect with those not yet known to us or those who may feel overlooked by love’s tender touch…
- It’s time to celebrate our shelter; our vitality; for food on the table and work for our hands; for the ability to serve, and play; for our connection to creation and its Great Creator…
- It’s time to celebrate our gifts and talents, for those natural abilities and personal awarenesses that make us truly unique…
- It’s time to celebrate the air we breathe and the gentle breeze that blows away our dark moods and negative thoughts and freshens them with clarity and light…
- It’s time to celebrate our rhythms and our energies. Just as the waters of the seas ebb and flow, so our movement through our day rises and falls…
- It’s time to celebrate the gift of Season. To everything there is a season. Celebrate the good seasons, for they will sustain you through the bad. And, when the storms of life hit you hard, give thanks for the gift of Season, knowing that these, too, shall pass…
There is, indeed, much to celebrate, much to be thankful for. As the natural world raises its head to the heavens, basking in the sun’s warmth and the air’s sustaining breath, offering its song of joy, so we raise our heads, open our hearts and sing for joy.
For this is the day that the Lord has made. We shall rejoice and be glad in it!
Life is a gift. Freely offered; freely received.
So let’s celebrate and sing.
And tell me: what are you celebrating today?